How To Help Our DACAmented friends?
(This organization is in Dallas…follow this link for San Antonio DACA resources)
By Donating to the North Texas Dream Team!
NTDT has been LEADING the effort up in Dallas. Each application costs $495, DSA is spearheading the fundraising, and NTDT will be administering and disbursing the funds based on a committee’s review of applicants. They only have a month donate and SHARE!!!!!!
“The North Texas Dream Team has been dedicated to DACA work since the inception of the program in 2012. We have helped over 8,000 applicants in the North Texas area apply and renew their DACA applications at NO cost to them. We have trained about the same number of volunteers to help out at both our DACA Wednesdays and DACA Mega Workshops, and we estimate that we have saved the community at least 1 million dollars (but upwards of 6 or 7) in legal fees.
NTDT has partnered up with DSA North Texas to fundraise for those who are financially in need of assistance to apply for renewal. Each application costs $495! DSA is spearheading the fundraising, and NTDT will be administering and disbursing the funds based on a committee’s review of applicants. What does that mean? The more people donate, the more people that can be helped!
Please SHARE the fundraising link youcaring.com/dsadacadefense & chip in as much or as little as you can. 100% of these funds are going to renewals.”
What Is DACA?
• No criminal record
• Be enrolled in school
• Brought into the US BEFORE the age of 16
• Were under 31 years of age as of 06/15/12
• Fell out of lawful visa status before 06/15/12
DACA Recipients do not benefit from any government funding:
- DACA Recipients DO NOT QUALIFY FOR FASFA.
- DACA Recipients DO NOT QUALIFY FOR FEMA.
- DACA Recipients DO NOT QUALIFY FOR FOOD STAMPS.
- DACA Recipients DO NOT QUALIFY FOR ANY GOVERNMENT FUNDING.
DACA Recipients are 100% required to file taxes.Benefits from this program :
- lawfully obtain a job,
- lawfully obtain a drivers license
- lawfully be able to have proper ID when applying for an apartment or in filling out an application for school.
Because there is NO pathway to citizenship. Unless:
- They get married.
- Employer asks for my citizenship based on their need for my services.
- Someone had adopted the person before the age of 16 and asked for their citizenship. Etc…